Bag Closing Thread 2.5 lb Cone - Case Quantity
THREAD FOR CLOSING BAGS
2.5 lb White Bag Closing Thread - Case of 18 Cones. High quality, smooth running thread. Use sewing thread with Newlong, Fischbein, Union Special or any other bag closer. 12/5 sewing thread has an oiled finish so it will run thru the bag closer smoothly. This bag closing thread is 100% polyester so there is less 'fluff' residue to clog up the bag closer than a poly-cotton blend. Polyester thread will also hold up better outdoors. Cones weigh approximately 2.5 lbs each but there is some variation in weight.
Called by many different names – Balls of thread, bag closing string, sewing twine, or spools of thread – these are actually cones and not spools (a spool has a straight core with a flange at the base). Use polyester thread to close sandbags, paper bags of potatoes, woven poly bags of fertilizer and burlap bags of coffee beans.
- 12/5 gauge polyester bag closing thread with oiled finish
- Approx 6,048 ft / lb
- 19.8 breaking strength / tensile strength
- Cones are approx. 6.5″ high and 4.5″ diameter at the base
- Because there is some variation in cone weights, cases are sold by the pound
- Label: THR-1200/05-098026 12/5 Polyester RS 45# AMCL-WTP
- Stock item
- Item # 12/5 2.5 lb – Case of 18 cones